Veolia Transport exploit transport networks all round the world : intercity buses, trains, ferries, metro, trams...Veolia Transport correspond to the «Transport » Department in Veolia Environment (transport, cleanness, water, energy)
In France, Veolia Transport exploit tourist trains via its rail subsidiary called CFTA.
CFTA is a private rail transport operator whose activities are :
- transporting people : regular lines between Carhaix and Paimpol in Brittany and between Nice and Digne in Provence-Côte d'Azur (in the south of France).
- tourist trains
Concerning Veolia Cargo, it is a rail freight operator.
Thanks to its own commercial structure, Veolia Transport is involved in safety, quality, commercial, animation, fitting-out, Internet, call center... for each train.
Veolia Transport attract around nearly 700, 000 visitors in its tourist trains.
It adhere to Unecto, The National Federation of Tourist Trains, to Odit France and to Maison de la France.
Veolia Transport Tourist Trains take part in durable growth and local development by :
- creating tourist flowings in little-developed regions,
- irrigating lands from littoral zones,
- emphasising significal heritages like Historic Monuments-classed locomotives,
- saving known-hows in peril (exploitation of steam locomotives),
- making urban people discover nature.
The priority for Veolia Transport is to highlight the heritage and assets of towns and villages where the trains are stopping at. It is also to maintain an develop partnerships with local business like restaurateurs, neighbour tourist sites, bicycle rentals, museums...